Monday, September 13, 2010

Wisconsin Primaries are Tommrow.

I'll trundle myself on down to the city hall to cast my ballot. Seems it counts now more than ever before to get the right people in the office.

On to other things, well.. The 300 WSM is proving to have a new name, The Bastard.
Handholding up the shells for this using Barnes XTPS.... ugh. I keep getting a slight buckle on the top of the case shoulder. Nothing that prevents the case from chambering but its not conductive to accuracy. The only way that those bullets with that long of a shank are able to be seated is to slowly in steps work that bullet in to the case. Having four bloody cannulures makes it more interesting as I get micro copper shavings. 59.5 Grains of IMR 4350 with that bullet fill the case to the brink too. Any one out there have a good ball powder to suggest for Magnum loadings?

So slowly in steps gradually seating the bullet with the crimp seems to help but its a irritation at the best of days. I just hope I get something resembling a starting point for final round honing as well as the barrel break in this week.

I have some 748 backed 30-30s loaded to try out, hoping that this change of powder does the trick for that rifle.

And tonight Ill load up 30 rounds of 223 backed by Varget to see if I can't fine tune my AR loads a bit tighter than what I had with IMR 4895.

No comments:

Post a Comment