Thursday, September 9, 2010

Uh... thanks for little to nothing, Remington.

So Yesterday I picked up my rifle from Gander Mountain. 21.70 dollar shipping charge for the "Smith" To send it back to Remington... which I could have bloody damned well done my self, thank you so very much customer service. Thanks.

Well, anyway, So apparently the "Work" done on this rifle was to figure out that golly gosh, we put in the wrong damned follower and spring for the magazine well. That was it, other than the rifle apparently coming back more dirty than I had sent it. *Rage and anger building*

Soooo, it should be perfect now right? Well it does, feed the round in to the chamber. But it still scratches the hell out of the brass, though I will polish up the feed lips next week and take it back out. Then again, it may perhaps be a weakness in the feed system of the rifle, that's trying to digest a cartridge too big for it. Also the ejection of the rounds (I tested it with the remaining handloaded rounds) is the weakest I have seen, hardly gets them out of the ejection bevel. If it manages that at all. Though it is just meant to eject a empty piece of brass and the rounds dumped though the bottom of the magazine well. Still it seems to be a bit of a weak ejection system that I don't recall being a problem before I sent the damn thing back in the first place. RAWR!
So I do not think that I will be purchasing a brand new Remington firearm again. Between the quality of the finished brand new rifle and the quality of customer service and the quality of the total repair job on warranty..
Someones left sucking on hind tit out there and it apparently Is going to be me for expecting to have Thor ready to roll. However it's now a challenge so I think I'll be applying some of the tricks I used on the M24 Sniper rifle systems that Remington sold to the Army when something came up with the smoothness of feeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment