Monday, August 23, 2010

Take the food out of your mouth first!

Well called up Remington arms. Not a bad wait, couple minutes or so.
Sadly I had such a difficult time understanding the woman on the phone that I did not receive a good answer on it. She told me I had three repair centers in the state I could take the rifle to. Or perhaps it was take it to Gander Mountain. Or was it Both? I could not understand her around what seemed to be a mouthful of food and coffee.

Gander Mountain however seemed to be much easier. Told to just take it in to the one I bought it at, the one I called. And they would have it on the computer and could look it up. Even better their gunsmith is in Tuesday.

It is a frustrating situation for me. I could fix the weapon myself I suppose. Polish up the feed lips some and see if that helps, or even polish up the feed ramp. Its the matter this is a brand new rifle that I have not even shot yet.

It should not have come out of the factory this way. I would expect something like this on a used firearm. I should not have to do repairs on something unfired. Here is to hoping Gander Mountain repairs it, or replaces the magazine well lining so I can break in the barrel and get rounds loaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment