Sunday, August 22, 2010

Damn it Remington Firearms!

So I decided to load up a few 300 WSMs to break in my brand new Remington 700 that I bought last august on my birthday. I finally am able to start the process of reloading and working rounds up. This rifle was bought and never fired. I went back to Iraq for another six months.

Fast forward to now. Try loading up a dummy round. Hmm, thing will not feed. Try a few live rounds. Weapon was on safe, just testing the chambering of the rounds. Hmm. Rounds Two, And three and even Four chamber and feed.. okay. Last round keeps getting hung up on the inside of the magazine well. The thing is so badly finished and rough that it is tearing gouges in the brass and will not load anything if it is the last round.

So I will be calling Remington customer service in the morning to see what they have to say about this and if they are going to fix the issue. Still very annoying  at the least right now. I want to get rounds loaded up and going before the weather turns. I have three different bullet weights to try to get accurate loads for. Needless to say that if they do not take care of this faulty firearm my opinion will dive considerably and I will be forced to correct the issue on my own. As well as writing their cooperate office.

Here is to hoping however.

No comments:

Post a Comment