Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Reloading..

So I have spent the past few days adjusting loads, researching the one day of shooting I have, Making Mistakes and learning and enjoying myself most of all. I have the final 25 rounds loaded for the 30-06.. Which I have not named.

Carried from my time in the Army for some reason I just feel my weapons should have a name. Some of them I'm still figuring out.

I loaded up the first 15 for the .44 pistol, 30 in three sets of 10 for the AR's, with the focus being right now on the scoped coyote geared rifle. The M4 Style one isn't so picky so I'm betting that If I get a load for the dog gun it will work reasonably well for the M4 battle rifle.

Also, I have some loaded for a .300 Savage, which I think will get the name classy, I have batch number 2 for a 30-30 that I hope I have more success with..

Most of all its been a trial by error sort of thing with me. I'm new at this, learning from books and a bit of Internet information, and just ... doing it.

Its been both a frustrating at times sort of thing but also rewarding and satisfying sort of thing, everything reloading/loading your own ammunition is supposed to be. There is a sense of satisfaction that's addicting to get three rounds key holing each other.

While I don't see myself as a dead on hunter, due to both life circumstances and just plain luck. (Some day Ill knock a buck down that is above 4 points) I do tend to enjoy it. I have not gotten to go hunting since.. 06 at this point so this year I'm looking good for it so far, or at least having a different excuse from finances, or sitting in the sands of Iraq. I would love to knock something down with one of my own rounds, in a gun I have tailored up to me. Or just go out and enjoy things as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment