Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wet.

Well I can say one of two things after this mornings hunting.
It can only get better, or this is a sign of how things will be this year. Again.
The story starts out with Jester here tiptoeing though a path that is cut and mowed, high ground in a swamp. Get to the supposed spot that I split off and wander though some grass/brush and.. there is a lot of water here. So I keep wandering looking for where there is not three feet of water and get to the end of the trail.
But wait, there is a log bridge here! I make my way to.. one full step in to it, the sort where you cant just hop back? Yeah. Snap goes the log. Bloosh goes me up past my knees in the water.
That was at first light so you can imagine how stalking though the swamp the rest of the morning went. Several miles down though some of the ugliest terrain I have hunted. And its the sort that you make a lot of racket no matter what, and there is enough cover that any deer are going to have a easy pass at getting away with out you even seeing them.
Other oddity, walking on swamp mats. This is dead plant life that is floating on the surface of the water. It is so thick that its like a second skin and plants and trees start to grow out of this. Very very creepy to walk on. Did not enjoy that one bit. Especially when I found soft spots and sticks were swallowed.  Five foot long sticks.

Anyway, hopefully tomorrow is a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment